Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Reviews...H&M

So I popped over to H&M today, and was really impressed with some of the items they have out right now! I wanted to buy so many more than I actually ended up purchasing, but isn't that always the case?

Originally, I headed in to check out this tie-collar cardigan that I had seen (and loved!) on Really Petite's blog. Coincidentally, I was also on the hunt for the wool mini-skirt she's wearing too - I need more skirts that aren't black and camel, and the grey option is so cute! But unfortunately, I didn't find either of these items. I knew I should've jumped on that skirt when I saw it a week or so ago...oh well. Luckily, I did manage to find a few items that I loved - and some real bargains, too.

In particular, I wanted to highlight this wool-blend skirt - the photo is from my Blackberry (I really need to start carrying around my digital camera when I go shopping) so the colors are a little off. In person, it's a beautiful rust and grey wool blend. The reason I'm so excited about this skirt in particular is because it fits so small. Seriously, it's like I had it tailored for my pocket-sized frame!


My waist is 23 inches around, and there was no gap at all when I put this on (for reference, it's a size 2). I'll have exact measurements up soon, but I just wanted to let you all know ASAP about this super petite friendly skirt! It's a little steep price-wise (for H&M anyway) at $49.95...but it is so worth it. Here is the tag in case you want to hunt it down:


Another item I ended up purchasing was this chunky sweater with a braided collar. Knitted sweaters have been on my late fall/winter wardrobe wishlist, so finding this one, with its cute detailing, was a nice surprise! And best of all, it's only $9.95. Love when H&M is even more affordable than usual!

The H&M website says they also have this sweater in a burnt orange, but I didn't see that anywhere in the one I went to - a pity, because I would've bought it in a heartbeat! Injecting more color into my day-to-day wardrobe is one of my sartorial goals.

I also bought a few other things, namely a leopard print cardigan and an orange belt, but I don't have photos of those on hand. Expect a full review of the whole haul soon!

In the meantime, what do you all think of these items? Is there anything you've seen in H&M that you're particularly lusting after?

6 comments:

  1. That sweater is ADORABLE- and at 9.95?!  unbeatable.  It would look so cute with skinnies and boots.

    And I basically lust after H&M in general- where I am at school the closest H&M is like 1.5 hours away- I miss it dearly!

    Casserole&Longsuffering

    ReplyDelete
  2.  That's exactly what I was thinking! Perfect addition to a fall/winter wardrobe. And 1.5 hours away?! I don't know what I'd do without H&M - it's basically 75% of my closet, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. To me your blackberry makes the skirt look like a blueberry color. I love it! :) & a braided collar sweater for 10 dollars? It's a steal!

    A Preponderance of Fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha, my Blackberry is definitely no SLR! The photos aren't even comparable to the ones the iPhone takes...really inconvenient for when I don't have my digital around! And you know, I'm wearing this sweater right this very second - I'm actually obsessed with it (and the price I paid, which you're right, is such a steal)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice finds!  can't wait to see that skirt on you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was so excited to find a skirt that fit perfectly! I should have an outfit/review post about all of these shortly. :)

    ReplyDelete