Thursday, November 17, 2011

Boucle skirt and sky-high pumps.

This post has been a long time in coming, so please excuse the mishmash of topics! Life has been very hectic lately, so I haven't had a chance to write about a lot of petite fashion-related things that are on my mind...


Such as a more comprehensive review of the H&M items that I mentioned a couple of weeks ago, for which I finally got around to taking proper photos and measurements. I'm actually obsessed with this boucle skirt, both because of the quality (it's fully lined, and the material is nice and thick - perfect for winter!) and the pretty color. Since it isn't a solid red, but instead has flecks of other colors such as green and blue, it's so very easy to match with. It goes great with neutrals, but also works with brighter hues!
This skirt fits very small -- to give you a sense, my waist (exactly where the skirt hits) is about 23'', and this skirt fits with no gap at all. I measured it, and laying flat, it measures 12.5'' at the waist and about 16'' in length. I love it! See it on Annie of Really Petite and Jean of Extra Petite.

Braided collar sweater, H&M Size XS; Broucle red skirt, H&M Size 2;  Shoes, SM Beasst Size 5, Belt and jewelry, old, Watch, Michael Kors Mini-Runway.
Here, I've paired it with the other item I mentioned in the same post - this wonderful braided collar knit sweater. Can you believe it only cost $9.99?! Sure, it's not the best quality, but it's fairly on par with most items from H&M.


Honestly, my favorite aspect of this sweater has to be the collar. It's so snug and cozy, and I'm really excited to have this in my closet for when winter really rolls around (although, on that topic, it's been so unseasonably warm as of late! Not that I'm complaining...)

Yesterday, I dropped by Zara. Usually I don't even bother trying things on here, because while their items are so wonderfully trendy, they never seem to fit (even the TRF line, their version of a 'juniors section', often runs big on me). So imagine my surprise when I found the Piqué Dress from their Basic line! It looked like it fit narrow, but I still wasn't expecting much, since Zara inevitably leaves me disappointed.
But look! Shock of all shocks, it actually fits. Of course, it's not perfect - the dress does that annoying poofy-back thing, which means it isn't sitting quite low enough on my waist. But looking at the seams, two of which run directly down the back, I don't think it'll be too much of a hassle to DIY fix. Laying flat, the waist measures 13'' and the length measures 32'' from the back neck to the hem.

I especially love the color and sleeves on this dress. It gives it such a pretty, classic look (and so holiday appropriate, too). Although it isn't lined, the material feels almost ponte-like, and is thick enough to wear comfortably in the winter.


Although I really like how it looks, I'm still undecided about whether I want to keep it...is it worth it at $62.00 if it doesn't fit perfectly? What do you all think? This dress also comes in black, and both colors can be found on Zara.com - in fact, it's one of the few items that hasn't sold out in XS yet! I highly recommend this piece, especially if you're an inch or two taller than me. It's wonderful for pocket-sized petites.


Last of all, I just wanted to share my excitement about this pair of Enzo Angiolini shoes, which I scored during Piperlime's birthday sale for around $82. I tweeted about them a week back, but wanted to show you all a better photo. They were a bit tight on me (a size 4) but after having a friend stretch them, they fit perfectly! Like I've said before, I definitely recommend Enzo Angiolini to anyone with petite feet - you can get down to a size 4 at Nordstrom, and occasionally on Piperlime.com as well. I'm especially adoring this pair here.


I told you it would be a mish-mash of a post! I've been doing way too much shopping lately...it's an issue! So much for sticking to my guns when it comes to my list of fashion staples...

4 comments:

  1. the fit of that dress is amazing! I hope you keep it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm still deciding, but I definitely think I'm leaning towards keeping it. The color is so perfect for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I think I've decided on keeping it :)

    ReplyDelete